Data Protection Policy
Personal information that Ty-Golau collects and why we collect itTy-Golau is a Group for people with slight memory problems, Alzheimer’s/ dementia type Illnesses. In accordance with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in force from May 2018, The Ty-Golau Committee is required to seek approval or otherwise from its service users and their carers/ family members to hold, use and store personal information.
The Committee uses your data to carry out the following unless you have already advised that your data is to be withheld. Service users living in Care Homes:
- Names/ numbers of people attending (for Ty-Golau records)
- Name of person winning the free prize draw to be entered in Ty-Golau register
- Service users living within the community ( attending alone or with carers)
- Name address and contact details required (Possible cancellation of session)
- Next of kin contact details required (In case of emergency)
- G.P. details required
- Problems indicative of risk (e.g. falls/ difficulty swallowing)
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of www.tygolau.org.uk, deliver newsletters through www.tygolau.org.uk, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Contact forms and email linksIf you contact us using the contact form on our Contact us page or an email link, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to / be processed by any of the third party data processors. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by TLS (sometimes known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted using SHA-2, 256-bit cryptography before being sent across the internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
Email newsletterIf you choose to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit to us will be forwarded to MailChimp who provide us with email marketing services. We consider MailChimp to be a third party data processor. The email address that you submit will not be stored on this website. Your email address will remain within MailChimp’s database while we continue to use MailChimp’s services for email marketing. You also have the ability to remove yourself from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by requesting removal via email. When requesting removal via email, please send your email to us using the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list. If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter. While your email address remains within the MailChimp database, you will receive periodic newsletter-style emails from us.
Where is this website hosted?This website is hosted by TSOHost within a UK data centre located just outside London. Some of the data centre’s more notable security features are as follows:
- 3m perimeter fencing.
- Inergen Fire Suppression - a highly effective gaseous fire suppression agent designed specifically for use in server environments is used.
- A 2N power management setup means up to 50% of our facility can fail without disrupting service.
- 25+ CCTV cameras
- 24x7 personnel and electronic access control systems
- Safeguards in place for our data hall from unauthorised access.